[StBernard] St. Bernard Karate Program

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 29 10:04:55 EDT 2014

St. BERNARD PARISH KARATE PROGRAM

Our kids karate classes teach children basic self-defense skills, develop
their physical abilities and improve their overall fitness. Moreover
classes teach kids self-confidence, discipline, respect and focus.

Ages 6 to 16 see children going through various stages of growth while they
mature. We addresses this with a challenging curriculum that develops their
ability to focus and concentrate both physically and mentally. Children
also gain from karate training through the acquisition of self-leadership
skills as they move up through the karate belt system toward the black belt
level.

Each child is encouraged to proceed at his/her own pace. The most important
elements in advancing in rank are frequency of training (hours per
week/month) and commitment (training regularly throughout the year). We
also emphasize an element of fun and challenge in the kids program to ensure
their enjoyment and long-term participation.

Adult Karate / Self Defense Program

Our adult students range from late teens to retired professionals. Everyone
is encouraged to proceed at his or her own pace according to their personal
fitness and experience level. All classes include proper warm up, strength
training, skills practice and warm down with stretching.

10-2-2007-176

There are many reasons for adults to pursue karate training. Some seek
self-defense skills, while others enjoy the benefits of exercise or to get
in shape. Students can be interested in the tradition of martial arts. The
karate belt ranking system appeals to those who like to set and attain
personal goals.

All classes include element of strength and endurance training, with
tactical and technical to improve karate and self defense skills. Classes
are also broken down into smaller groups for more individualized
instruction.

Enrollment Limited

For Information Call:

301-9601