[StBernard] Healing Rooms directors will host open house, Saturday worship begins in Chalmette

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu May 1 21:13:48 EDT 2014

Healing Rooms directors will host open house, Saturday worship begins in
Chalmette
Print Earl Hodges By Earl Hodges
on April 30, 2014 at 11:16 AM, updated April 30, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Keith and Cindy Stone, directors of Region 12 of the International
Association of Healing Rooms, will host an open house May 17 from 11 a.m. to
1 p.m. at the St. Bernard location, the Louisiana Lighthouse, 2001 Corinne
Drive, Chalmette.

The event is open to the public and opportunities to learn what the healing
room offers to St. Bernard Parish will be available, said Keith Stone. Food
and beverages will be available.

"The Louisiana Lighthouse is home to BlueStone Ministries, a member of the
International Association of Healing Rooms based in Spokane, Wash. Keith
Stone said. "There are more than 3,000 healing rooms in 67 countries," he
said.

Keith and Cindy Stone founded BlueStone Ministries in 2007 to assist with
the recovery efforts in St. Bernard Parish following Hurricane Katrina's
devastation.

"We began working with non-profit groups, fire departments, and churches
from around the nation to recruit volunteers to assist St. Bernard Parish,"
Stone said. "The ministry has raised more than $5 million in food,
materials, manpower and money for the area."

BlueStone Ministries joined the International Association of Healing Rooms
in 2008 and began opening healing rooms in the New Orleans area as a way to
"provide for the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of people," Stone
said.

"We believe that Jesus still heals," Stone said. "And from the time we
opened the healing room we've had trained prayer technicians who have prayed
for several hundred people in the metro area, and we've received reports of
many people being healed. We've also witnessed seeing many people find
strength for their emotions while others have found peace with God. "

The healing room is not a counseling service or a church, Stone said.

"In fact, our prayer teams are made up of members from various local
churches," Stone said. "Our goal is to work with local churches to equip the
body of Christ to do the work of Jesus."

Region 12 of the International Association of Healing Rooms includes the
following states: Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida,
Georgia and South Carolina.

Stone said the Louisiana Lighthouse in Chalmette has become a regional model
for the other states to follow.

"We're open without appointment Monday evenings from 7 to 9 p.m. and
Thursdays by appointment from 10 a.m. to noon for those who wish to be
prayed for," Stone said.

For information contact Stone at 504.473.2773 or info at healingroomsla.com

Saturday worship

World Prayer Tabernacle, 4036 Paris Road, in Chalmette is now holding a
Saturday worship service at 5 p.m.

The Saturday service will provide an additional opportunity for people to
worship who are unable to attend Sunday services, said Darnell Lodriguss,
music pastor and ministry coordinator for World Prayer Tabernacle.

"Our hope is that this new church service time be convenient for those who
can't make it on Sunday morning," Lodriguss said.

Earl Hodges writes about events and people at houses of worship in St.
Bernard Parish. He can be contacted at earlhodges at msn.com.