[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish Council receives 20 applications for Registrar of Voters job

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 3 07:52:36 EDT 2014

I had the occasion to deal with both Juanita and Connie when I had to be out of the parish during an election and I can say that in those dealings both were very polite, knowledgeable and helpful.

I hope Lena Nunez isn't even give the time of day for consideration.

Chief Deputy Registrar of Voters Juanita Coco took over the top post until a
new registrar is appointed by the Parish Council, Parish President Dave
Peralta said.

Coco, who has been with the office since January 2012, is one of two office
employees who applied for the vacant position. The other employee is Connie
R. Crumhorn, who has worked for the office since 2007.

Crumhorn is the daughter of longtime Registrar of Voters Rita Crumhorm, who
Bourg took over for in 2007. Rita Crumhorm had served 18 years at the
office's helm, and a total of 31 years in the office.