[StBernard] SCAM ALERT

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 6 07:48:56 EDT 2014

Microsoft is not calling to fix your computer.

I received a call today around 320pm from Justin Riveera who does not speak
English very well, said he was with Global Business Machines 1-800-492-3960
alerting me to hurry up and turn on my computer so he could guide me through
a purge process because my computer is downloading versus and uploading to
the server that is causing problems for Microsoft. He said he was a
Microsoft certified technician but could not provide a tech number. He
claimed they have been tracking my computer for three months of this
activity and I must act fast. He gave me a case number 1719. When asked
where he got my phone number he said from the Microsoft commercial database.