[StBernard] Some political rumors - Shopping for a candidate

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jun 10 00:41:08 EDT 2014

Someone on a nola.com posting said something about Tim Doody, the outgoing
president of the SELFPA East levee board, challenging Garofalo.  That might
have been a crackpot comment since his motives would be more than obvious as
being personal and nothing to do with improving the state.  Then again,
Doody does work for a big trial lawyers firm that could have cashed in big
on the lawsuit.  It appears no one wants to have legislators who are
independent of local politics.  How soon we forget about the horrible
reputation St. Bernard parish used to have when it came to our politics.