[StBernard] Nunez Community College in Chalmette wins Rising Star Award

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 27 11:09:16 EDT 2014

Nunez Community College in Chalmette wins Rising Star Award
Print NOLA Community Submission By NOLA Community Submission
on June 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Nunez Community College in Chalmette received a Rising Star Award from The
Urban League of Greater New Orleans at this year's "Brilliance on the
Basics" gala June 21  at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans.

Chancellor Thomas Warner accepted the Rising Star Award for Workforce and
Economic Development in the region, on behalf of the college's students,
faculty, and staff.

"We are honored that the Urban League of Greater New Orleans recognizes that
Nunez empowers students to go forward and apply advanced training and
education to further develop the workforce in local industries and the
communities in which they live and work," Warner said.

The Urban League of Greater New Orleans chose the theme "Brilliance on the
Basics" as a re-dedication to being brilliant in the basics of education and
workforce development.

"The greater New Orleans area is fortunate to have such a stellar
institution like Nunez Community College serving our region," said Erika
McConduit-Diggs, president and CEO of the Urban League of Greater New
Orleans. "Nunez has an established reputation for delivering foundational
programs that prepare our citizens for career success. We are honored to
recognize Nunez Community College as our 2014 Rising Star Award recipient."

Nunez provides education and training in high-skill, high-wage, high-demand
workforce skills including Electrical, HVAC, Welding, and Process
Technology.

The information in this article and picture was provided by Nunez Community
College Public Information Officer Arifah Lightburn.