[StBernard] For Immediate Release - Chamber Political Forums

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 30 00:12:08 EDT 2014

St. Bernard Chamber of Commerce to Host Political Forums for November 4th
Elections

With several key elections on the November 4th ballot, the St. Bernard
Chamber of Commerce will host a series of forums to give St. Bernard Parish
residents the chance to learn more about the candidates running for office.
The forums are scheduled for September 30th from 5:30 PM until 7:45 PM and
October 1st from 5:00 PM until 8:05 PM and will be held at the St. Bernard
Parish Council Chambers.

"We view this as a valuable opportunity for candidates to present their
platforms to the public and for residents to get the information they need
to make educated, informed decisions on Election Day," said Stephen Reuther,
CEO for the Chamber.  "We don't endorse or support any candidate, but we do
want to make sure the community has the chance to determine whether
candidates are qualified for a particular position, and whether they can
handle those responsibilities and effectively address the concerns of their
constituents."

The two evenings of Forums will be moderated by WDSU News Anchor Randi
Rousseau and WDSU News Reporter Heath Allen.  The event is free of charge
and open to the public.  Attendees are asked not to wear, distribute or
display any colors, logos, signs, literature, etc. showing support for any
candidate.  The forums are designed to be neutral and fair, and the St.
Bernard Chamber strives to keep a professional and respectful atmosphere at
the event.  Questions will not be taken from the audience.  Candidates are
encouraged to arrive early.

September 30, 2014

Forum

5:30 pm

Welcome

5:32 pm

Introduction / Rules

5:35 pm

School Board District 1

2 candidates - 20 minutes

5:55 pm

School Board District 9

2 candidates - 20 minutes

6:15 pm

District Judge 34th Judicial District, Division A

2 candidates - 20 minutes

6:35 pm

District Judge 34th Judicial District, Division C

3 candidates - 30 minutes

7:05 pm

District Attorney 34th Judicial District Court

3 candidates - 40 minutes

7:45 pm

Thank You

October 1, 2014

Forum

5:00 pm

Welcome

5:02 pm

Introduction / Rules

5:05 pm

Justice of the Peace Ward A

2 candidates - 15 minutes

5:20 pm

Justice of the Peace Ward B

2 candidates - 15 minutes

5:35 pm

Justice of the Peace Ward I

2 candidates - 15 minutes

5:50 pm

Justice of the Peace Ward J

2 candidates - 15 minutes

6:05 pm

Constable Ward A

2 candidates - 15 minutes

6:20 pm

Constable Ward B

4 candidates - 25 minutes

6:45 pm

Constable Ward C

5 candidates - 30 minutes

7:15 pm

Constable Ward D

2 candidates - 15 minutes

7:30 pm

Constable Ward F

2 candidates - 15 minutes

7:45 pm

Constable Ward J

3 candidates - 20 minutes

8:05 pm

Thank You

For More Information, please contact the St. Bernard Chamber of Commerce at:

Info at StBernardChamber.org <mailto:Info at StBernardChamber.org>

(504) 277-4001

Stephen Reuther, Chief Executive Officer

St. Bernard Chamber of Commerce

Cindi Meyer & Claudette Reuther, Co-Chairs

St. Bernard Chamber of Commerce Programs Committee