[StBernard] Endorsements for Judges

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Oct 4 16:21:04 EDT 2014

* Judge - Division A - Judge Bob Buckley

All Leola Anderson is touting in her campaign is feel goody intentions. Is
there any record of a currently sitting judge in St. Bernard not being fair,
independent, impartial, or efficient? What role does a judge have in the
growth or development of a parish?

Outside of his time on the bench, Judge Buckley has been an active member of
the Kiwanis Club of St. Bernard - Arabi, donating his time and efforts, not
just using it as a resume builder. I haven't heard of anyone complain about
his decisions or how he runs his court.

I'm not one for just voting for the incumbent, but in this case, the
challenger brings nothing to the table.

* Judge - Division C - Greg Noto

Everyone on this list has to realize I have a long-standing friendship and
business relationship with Greg Noto (his name has appeared at the top of
practically every email in a small as since I started putting ads in the
emails).  I actively worked for Greg's campaign when he ran last time
against Wayne Cresap (someone tell me I backed the wrong candidate now).

Greg has more experience than any other candidate in the judicial process.
He remained committed to St. Bernard, even after Katrina. He has an
extensive list of volunteer support, especialy with the St. Bernard Battered
Women's Shelter.

Kim Jones seems to think that having a special needs child is all she needs
to win the seat.

Darren Roy only seems to have experience as a prosecutor. Criminal law is
not the only thing a judge in St. Bernard has to worry about. Does he have
the experience to properly handle family law and other civil matters?