[StBernard] : E-Media at the St. Bernard Parish Library

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 16 22:20:17 EDT 2014

: E-Media at the St. Bernard Parish Library

If you have visited any of our local department stores, warehouse stores or
malls, you are beginning to see evidence of the upcoming holidays.  Fall
decorations, pumpkin spice, Christmas trees and ornaments are glaring
reminders that soon we will be spending our time at the malls and browsing
websites in search of the perfect gifts for our friends and family.

If you are planning using your shiny paper and wrapping up a brand new iPad
or tablet for yourself or a special someone, the St. Bernard Parish Library
has a wide variety of books and magazines that are available to maximize
your enjoyment.  And the best part is the price.it's all free!   Better yet,
there is never any overdue fines to worry about when you use our electronic
media.

The library offers something for everyone.  Adults can enjoy current and
recent magazines via Zinio; children can find help with their research by
using our World Book and Davidson Titles; and everyone can read or listen to
audio books using our Overdrive and One Click Digital media. You also have
access to the State Library of Louisiana's electronic collections featuring
Britannica E-stax, Ebsco books, and animated Tumblebooks for both pre and
early readers.

Sounds interesting?  The only requirement is that you be a St. Bernard
Parish Library card holder in good standing.  In order to apply for a
library card, individuals are asked to bring in a current Louisiana ID or
drivers' license that reflects their correct address and fill out a brief
application.  Once you have your card and have set up the free apps, you are
on your way to making the most of your tablet or e-reader.

To learn more about what the library can do for you, please stop by the main
branch at 2600 Palmisano Blvd. in Chalmette or call the library at
504-279-0448.  Patrons can keep up with library happenings by visiting our
website at www.mysbpl.org <http://www.mysbpl.org>  or liking us on Facebook.