[StBernard] Property taxes- runoff election

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Dec 1 22:25:16 EST 2014

If you looked *closely*, the majority of them are renewals of existing taxes.  I think there were two (?) that were changes to existing taxes, one increasing a current tax.  There was the one to increase the tax for the Lake Borgne levee district, but I have *no* problems paying that.  Better that if it keeps us from going through another Katrina flooding.

	I looked at the upcoming run off sample ballot and saw 11 property tax
	votes. Is this another attempt by our "leaders" to keep this issue quiet so
	it can be quietly voted in? We have had property tax increases the last few
	years. Enough is enough!!! Learn to live within your means Mr. Government.
	Stop taking from those who invest into your parish. I believe part of the
	problem is that the parish took every cent of Federal dollars they could get
	their hands on to build the biggest, most high tech facilities that they
	could. Now, they do not have the money to maintain them. Sorry but this is
	not my problem, and I am sick and tired of government constantly reaching
	into my pocket every time they want more money. I am voting against every
	property tax increase / renewal etc. !!!!!!!Spread the word to your
	neighbors and friends