Talbert Pipes- Website update

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Wed May 19 16:13:09 EDT 2004

Greetings!  I hope everyone had fun at Chicago.  I wish I could have been
there, but money just wouldn't allow the trip this year.  Instead, I've been
sequestered away in the workshop for the past few weeks finishing up a pile
of new Talbert Briars.  There are now 6 Talbert Briars posted on the site
for sale, with styles ranging from the classical to the dramatic to the
downright odd.  I suspect a lot of people with empty wallets from Chicago
may end up cursing me, but the timing couldn't be helped, unfortunately.

To see the four sandblasts, click here:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/briarcatalogblasts.shtml

To see the two smooths, click here:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/briarcatalogsmooths.shtml

For those who don't follow the international markets, the dollar has
regained a full third of its loss against the euro, so the pipes are a bit
more affordable this time around too.  I'm still hunting for a credit card
account that will enable us to bill in dollars instead of euros, but the
French banks just look at me like I'm insane.  It does raise some
interesting points though - right now, the buyer is guaranteed to get the
best price possible based on the day's exchange rate.  If I were able to
start posting prices in dollars again, they'd probably have to be a bit
higher to cover for the constant ups and downs in the dollar value.  What do
the collectors think?  If you have an opinion, let me know!

Also, I posted a Ligne Bretagne Collector with an unusual story last week
(without sending an announcement since it was just one pipe), and it can be
seen here:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagnecollector.shtml
In other Ligne Bretagne news, we shipped a box of bents off to Pipe & Pint
last week, so they should be arriving soon.  Pics and more info can be found
on the news page under the "May 13th" entry.  Since those shipped, I've had
a number of people on this side of the ocean ask for more, so our next
project will be to make another selection of that style for our shop here in
Brittany.  After that, more Talbert Briars and Mortas!

Thanks for your time, and as always,
Happy smoking,
Trever Talbert
http://www.talbertpipes.com