Talbert Pipes- The October Goblins have started arriving

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Mon Oct 13 16:34:10 EDT 2008

Bonjour to all our pipe friends! It's been a while since our last
notice, I know, but we've been very busy with orders behind the scenes.
That's all over with now, though, and I'm back in time for my favorite
season of the year, Halloween. Most of this month is going to be given
over to Goblins, which will be popping up regularly from now till
Halloween (and maybe beyond). Before I get to those, however, let me
add that I'm also trying to get new pipes into all the other catalogs
also. It may be a while before there are new Talbert Briars, but I've
just added the first new Ligne Bretagnes for a VERY long time here:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagnecatalog.shtml

One is a horn-stemmed standard shape, the other is a strongly
contrast-stained handmade Collector in a bent poker design, a big piece
which should appeal to large pipe fans. Or should I say fans of large
pipes? ;)

The new Goblins are probably what everyone is interested in immediately,
though, and their new page is here:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/halloween/Goblins.html

I've only got two up for starters, but others will be added quickly over
the next few weeks. Look for more smooths this time around, as I have
been working with new combinations of greens and contrast stains, and
have been very happy with the results. Overall, I think these new
smooth pipes represent a quantum leap in quality over my past smooth
finishes.

Oh, and the last bit of very good news indeed is that the euro has
finally dropped from its artificially high value in relation to the
dollar, making for big savings for US buyers over what they would have
had to pay only a few months ago. A typical Goblin that might have run
$424 or more in the Spring can today be had for $367 or less! This
makes me very happy, as I've missed my US customers during this last
long year of dollar-to-euro discrepancy. I'm pleased and feel very
fortunate to have a solid worldwide collector base these days, but I
started out in the US and it was quite frustrating to have my work
literally priced out of availability there. The strange wonders of
international money markets...

Thanks very much for your time, and for your interest in my work! Oh
yes, and have a look at the Pipe Blog tomorrow if you're active on
Facebook - I've recently started actively updating our profile there and
interested parties may find it a handy way to keep in touch.
http://www.talbertpipes.com

See my pipe blog here:
http://talbertpipes.blogspot.com/