Talbert Pipes- First magnetic Talbert Pipes stand, "The Fossil"

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Jan 15 21:40:13 EST 2015

Hello all!  I write tonight with news of what may be the first of a
new product for our workshop, the Talbert Pipes pipe stand.  Yes, I've
made a few in the past here and there, but they've generally been
simple, inexpensive designs done on the fly for some "misc shop
stock".  When I first saw magnetic pipe stands, I was struck with the
creative potential for unusual designs, and tonight marks the first
genuine, "official" Talbert Pipes stand - A magnetic design handcarved
in the style of a fantasy fossil.  Is it expensive? Yes.  Did it
involve more labor hours than a great many handmade pipes?  Yes.  I
realized going in that there was not going to be any way I could
create the sorts of designs I was envisioning for cheap, so the real
question now is whether there is a market or not, for a high-end
handcarved & sandblasted Talbert pipe stand.

You can check out the first single-pipe stand available here:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/misc-catalog/1501stand.shtml

As with most of my more-personal projects, I made it primarily for
myself, really, so if it doesn't sell I'll just keep it and not make
more.  I'm curious to see what sort of reaction it gets, though, and
if it will find a buyer and other buyers will want more like it.  This
marks my 17th year in business so trying creative new ideas is what
keeps things fun.  For those curious about the background stories and
such, there's a LOT more info and "Making Of" on the catalog page,
linked above.

As always, thanks very much for your support and for your interest in
our work through all these years!