Talbert Pipes- Hello, for the first time in weeks! Many new pipes and more

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Nov 10 20:52:13 EST 2016

Hello all!  It seems like forever since I last sent out a website update
notice, and I guess it has been... I worked non-stop on the October
Pumpkins from late September all the way to last weekend.  The demand for
those turned out to be unprecedented, and we were literally buried in
orders and had to work like mad to get as many as possible finished and out
by Halloween.  Several people wrote me disappointed that they'd missed
buying one before the cutoff, and I promised that we'd see about making
them available again briefly once the initial order stack was finished.  I
figured this would depend on just how exhausted I was from doing so many of
the same shapes, but on the plus side, I never got bored of carving the
little monsters - I just loaded my player up with spooky audiobooks and
spent 5 weeks carving steadily.  Given that I'm neither fried nor did I
reach the, "I never want to see these again" state, I am opening up orders
for the two Pumpkins once more.

Briefly!

We've got the Yule pipes to think about, and various other holiday projects
and orders, so I can't take another six weeks worth of Pumpkin orders.  I
can do a handful, though, before we close up orders again on this design
permanently (There won't be any more like this, next year's Halloween pipes
will be totally different).  So, if you missed a Pumpkin in October and
don't mind buying one "Out of season", here are the two catalog pages once
more, where you can order your own:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1601pmkn.shtml
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1602pmkn.shtml

To accompany those two, I've also taken two of the initial "idea models"
for the Pumpkins and finished them into proper, one-of-a-kind pipes.
They're simpler and less expensive, but both show a little of the quirky
experimental process that led towards the eventual finalized designs:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1600pm1t.shtml
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1600pm2t.shtml

Other new pipes - I've added a new/old Ligne Bretagne shape to the "Order
your own" LB Classics.  We haven't made this shape since probably 2003-ish
due to it being extraordinarily labor-involved for something that looks so
simple (The shank drilling is weird, and everything hinges on the curves of
the shank and stem), but I've built myself a drilling mount to use in
future to ensure proper mortise drilling on these.  The new shape is called
the Trapu (French for stubby or stocky) and is a cool little design, with a
big bowl and short proportions.  These are available in two stem styles,
saddle or taper, and each one is made to order so order yours today!

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1607lbc.shtml
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1608lbc.shtml

And FINALLY, speaking of ordering... Anyone looking for Christmas gifts
should take a second look over all our Ligne Bretagne Classic shape
offerings.  Since each one is made to order, now is the time to be picking
one out if you want to be certain it will be finished and arrived in time
for the holidays.  There are some solid picks here for gifts, including:

Our squat bulldog -
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1602lbs.shtml
Our tall bulldog -
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1601lbs.shtml
Our limited-run Dublin churchwardens (Only six of these left) -
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1604lbs.shtml
Our limited-run bent bulldogs (Only five of these left) -
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1606lbc.shtml
Our stubby billiard -
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1605lbc.shtml

Phew, that was a lot of typing.  There's still more to come, but I'm
signing off here for now.  I hope everyone's having a nice evening!