Talbert Pipes- Happy New Year and New Pipes!

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Wed Jan 25 19:19:12 EST 2017

Hello all!  It's been quite a while since I've sent out any news to our
newslist folks, what with a million and five things happening here all at
once, so this one's long overdue.  First up, I've just posted a pair of new
Ligne Bretagne Uniques - One-of-a-kind pipes in a flowing ringed egg
shape.  You can see (and purchase!) them at these two links:

#1701LB Black Rune-carved Sandblast
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1701lb.shtml

#1702LB Smooth Natural wi/Horn
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1702lb.shtml

I know two pipes is a ridiculous output for the month of January, but most
of this month has been spent finishing up the 2016 Yule Pipes, finishing
backordered 2016 Pumpkins, and putting out fires... Mostly the latter,
unfortunately.  I know some of you out there are STILL waiting on your
backordered Pumpkins and I'm working on them now, the problem is just
getting any time in the workshop at this point.  As most of you already
know, my wife's elderly parents both had a number of health issues last
year, the worst of which was my father-in-law falling and breaking several
bones, resulting in him being confined to a recovery home where he still is
now.  My wife has largely been absent from the workshop for the latter half
of 2016 due to caring for both her parents (Her mother also totaled her car
in December, just in time for Christmas...), and when January rolled around
her mother fell ill with pancreatic issues and then my wife herself got hit
with a bad case of cough and flu for the past week+.  So, this has left me
mostly alone trying to keep track of everyone's various health needs,
medications, doctors, laundry, etc, while also somehow trying to keep the
business running and playing catch-up on the already-delayed pipe orders
in-house.

So, if you have a pipe order in-house, the short answer to, "When will I
get it?" is - "As soon as I can finish it, but at this point I'm reluctant
to even begin to guess at shipping dates."  Fortunately my wife is feeling
a bit better today and I'm hoping she's on the mend, so output may pick
back up a bit in the near future.  Knock on wood.

What a way to start off the new year!

The sharp-eyed may notice that some of the models of our Ligne Bretagne
Classics (standardized shapes that are made to order) have disappeared off
the catalog page.  I wanted to purge most of the 2016 models in order to
offer some new shapes and styles this year.  The only ones left are the
last couple of pipes in the limited-run Dublin Churchwardens and a
ridiculously popular stubby banded Billiard, which has sold so well I
figured people would throw rocks at me if I took it off the site.  New
Classics for order soon!  Well, at least "soon" in the sense of, after I
finish all the backorders and get caught up.

I hope everyone out there is having a nice start to their new year, and as
always, thanks very much for your time and for your interest in our work!