Talbert Pipes- New pipes! A discount! And some decent news too, even

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Aug 24 18:14:19 EDT 2017

Hello all!  It's been a while since the last update.  Most everyone on our
mailing list is familiar with the troubles we've been having this past year
with my wife's elderly parents, particularly her 90yo father who's been in
and out of hospital, recovery center, and home more times than I can
count.  I'd hoped to finish and ship the last of the Fat Dwarf backorders
last week, but events knocked that right out of the planning - Her father
came home from the recovery center in truly terrible health, the we had
four days of daily falls, ambulance emergency visits, and frantic calls to
rush over due to him being non-responsive.

The good news?

Those few days at home finally pushed everyone involved, including doctors
and insurance, to accept that he needed to be in a home permanently, and
that's where he is now, receiving round-the-clock care.  We spent a few
days simply falling down exhausted, and air-conditioning went out over the
last 92 degree weekend, LOL!  But, all is fixed now and it's really quite
weird to actually be able to get up and do a full day's work without
parental interruptions or crises to derail things.

The downside with all this distraction and disruption is that it's put us
needing money very badly, every penny that we can bring in because we're
way behind.  I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I've
ever run sales or "specials" in my 20 year pipemaking career (Usually I
think of that sort of thing as distasteful - I'd rather just price
something at a fair price to begin with rather than overprice it so I can
later knock the price down to let someone imagine they're getting a
"deal".  But I digress...)  In any event, I've marked down this bouncy
Goblin-poker-freehand we've still got in stock, with fingers crossed that
that will help turn it into much-needed income:

http://www.talbertpipes.com/goblins-catalog/1703g.shtml

Also, Fat Dwarf buyers rejoice!  We've finally finished up our pile of
backorders from that limited run we pre-sold a couple months back, and the
last of those pipes just shipped today, so if you bought one, it's on the
way to you.  That leaves only the last few Pumpkin orders to make and I'll
finally be caught back up.

But hey, there are new pipes posted too!  Five, in fact - One curvy Ligne
Bretagne handmade Collector, another drop-dead-stunning pair of perfect
Grade 5 smooth Dublins with their own little backstory, and a classical
English prince and one extra Fat Dwarf all round out a really varied and
fun catalog update.  See all the new stuff HERE:

http://www.talbertpipes.com/bretagne.shtml

That's it for now.  As always, thanks very much for your time, and for your
interest in our work!