Talbert Pipes- New pipes and more!

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Oct 15 20:26:17 EDT 2020

Hello all!  I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but things
have been hopping here at the workshop.  The first bit of news is new pipes
on the site - There's a handmade, freehand Talbert Halloween in a large
"pitcher plant" shape with some Burton-esque rustication, a black Goblin
(Yes, the 2020 Goblins are still black), and a just-posted Ligne Bretagne
panel, so there's a little something for everyone.  Check them all out here:

https://talbertpipes.com/pipe-shop/

The other news is bigger - It looks like we are moving!  We'll know for
sure by the end of this month, but if all goes well we'll be moving home
and workshop to a new place during November.  What this means for the shop
is more space for storage and inventory, and more working space.  What it
means for production, however, is probably going to be substantially lower
output for the next six weeks.  I'm working on preparing a bunch of pipes
that we can finish with minimal tools once we've moved, to keep the money
coming in, but there's just no escaping the fact that we'll be doing less
work for a while until the new workshop is up and running.  A lot of folks
have been asking me about Halloween pipes and Pumpkins and such, and I've
been cagey - This is why.  I wasn't sure yet if we'd be moving but I was
certain that if we did, that was pretty much going to eliminate any sort of
big Halloween Pipe project this year as those require a lot of time and
commitment.  I'm going to try and do another one or two Halloween-themed
pipes before we shut down, but I can't guarantee anything - The one Talbert
Halloween currently posted may well end up being IT for this year, we'll
just have to see how the time shakes out.

So, that's the news of the moment.  Stay tuned!  The folks subscribed to
our Patreon can expect to start seeing a lot of posts about taking apart a
workshop and re-assembling it, in lieu of the normal pipemaking stuff.