Talbert Pipes- Happy summer piping!

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Sun Aug 7 20:01:13 EDT 2022

Hello!   It seems like forever since I sent out the last email notice, and
I guess it has been because I know we've at LEAST been away on one July
camping trip plus numerous other projects since the last update.  Camping,
yes!  It's been probably 26+ years since we last went tent camping and we
decided to see if we could still do it in our 50's, and we had a great
time.  Also, holy heck, camping has changed since the days it was just us
in a hot tent... Battery generators, solar panels, tent fans, portable
wifi, it was kind of ridiculous to be sitting in the screened-in porch of
our tent smoking and reading the news on my tablet via wifi.  But, that's
not what you're here for, you want pipe news, and there's a fair bit.

First up, two new handmade high grade Talbert Mortas from our dwindling
stock of Breton morta, posted here:

https://talbertpipes.com/product-category/a-talbert-briar/

Next, there are several new Ligne bretagne available though one of them
just sold - See the current available pipes here:

https://talbertpipes.com/product-category/bretagne/

We've been experimenting a LOT with rustication techniques (as the folks on
our Patreon Discord can tell you, since they've been buried under test
photos and samples and such for weeks now), and a couple of those new LBs
are finished in interesting new rustication techniques.  The "not a
sandblast" one is particularly fun

In related news, we've expanded the selection of Made-to-Order shapes by at
least two more, maybe three, since the last update.  People always ask for
larger LBs and the squat bulldog has been our most popular Made-to-Order
shape so far, so I've added a pair of new larger bulldogs, one with a
tapered stem and one with a saddle stem.  Both styles are finished in our
Raven's Wing rustication and are open for orders now!

https://talbertpipes.com/product-category/c-order-a-pipe/

Also, if there are any hobbyists out there doing summer pipemaking, or
thinking ahead to getting back into pipemaking when the cool autumn weather
comes in, don't forget we still have stems and bands for sale, and quite a
lot of them:
https://talbertpipes.com/product-category/supplies/

Finally, our new YouTube video channel has hit 168 subscribers, so thank
you to all who have joined up!  I know that's tiny by YouTube standards but
when we started it, I pretty much figured on maybe ten people, so it's off
to a good start at least.  You can see me talk about some of our various
Made-to-Order pipes, pipe designs, the stems we have for sale, etc.  I'm
trying to figure out what to shoot next.  Check us out here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjPTxAwYUnssrSNABpZrqTQ

Whew.  I think that's everything.  As always, thanks very much for your
time, and for your interest in our work, and I hope everyone is having a
terrific summer!

[image: PXL_20220807_224717853.jpg]