SPAM: Re: [WASTE-list] ASCII line endings

Brother Josef thykeeper at nerdshack.com
Mon Apr 24 12:36:15 EDT 2006

i know little about this myself so please bear with me. I *think* you
understand me here although i used confusing terms. By default the
line endings in WASTE are not valid when i use them on my UNIX web
server so i first convert them, which fixes the problem. Converting
between contrasting conventions is exactly what i'm talking about.
thanks for picking up my slack Marco! ;) If we understand each other,
do you know of the proper method for going about this procedure? i
see WASTE has a line break callback but i'm not certain how to use
this or if it's the right way for that matter.

On Apr 24, 2006, at 10:36 PM, Marco Piovanelli wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:54:54 +0700,

> Brother Josef (thykeeper at nerdshack.com) wrote:

>> Can anyone help explain as to what is most efficient means of

>> converting a documents line endings to ASCII format using WASTE? I

>> attempted making my own function (using WEFind and WEPut to run a

>> simple find/replace of the entire document) but it was dog slow. I

>> figured this was a common issue many of you have tackled before in

>> the past. thanks for your input!

> What do you mean, exactly, by line endings in ASCII format?

> In the ASCII world there are different conventions for line/paragraph

> separators. For example, Mac OS X (and most OSes in the Unix family)

> use the Line Feed character (ASCII 10), MS Windows uses the

> CR+LF (13+10) combination, classic Mac OS used CR only.

> Perhaps you mean converting between these conventions?

> -- marco

> --

> It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.

> They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely

> monetized. I look at the collective human mind as a kind of

> ecosystem. They want to clear cut it. They want to go into the

> rainforest of human thought and mow the thing down.

Regards,
Josef