[WASTE-list] Re: Background images

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Thu Jun 8 12:32:23 EDT 2006

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 14:30:20 -0400,
Andreas Binner wrote (in a message that was automatically
discarded by the mailing list software):

>can I tell WASTE 3.0 not to erase the background before drawing the

>text? I have a special background image in my application behind the

>WASTE text object.

>Thanks in advance,

>Andreas Binner

Currently, you can't do this through the public, procedural
wrapper API, but it shouldn't be hard to do what you want using
the core C++ API. The WE3_TextView::SetBackgroundColor()
accessor takes an ATSURGBAlphaColor parameter; by setting the
alpha component to 0.0 you can cause WASTE to paint a
transparent background, effectively leaving your existing
background intact.

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely