[WASTE-list] Re: Background images

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Wed Jun 14 13:31:11 EDT 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:49:51 +0200,
Andreas Binner (andreasb at vmlabs.de) wrote:

>Are there headers for the C++ API available?

The core C++ API is currently only available to source code
licensees.

>Can I mix this with my C API calls?

Yes. In fact, the procedural C API exposed by WASTE 3.0 is
mostly a thin wrapper around a richer C++ core API.

The procedural API isn't going away, though. On the contrary,
if a feature available to the core API only is deemed useful
enough to warrant a new procedural API (or a suitable extension
to an existing API), I'll consider adding it to a future
release.

For your particular need (using an image background), a new
callback may be enough. In fact, WASTE 2.x had an "erase"
callback that was sometimes used for this purpose. That callback
is not supported by WASTE 3.0, because it assumes it will be
invoked with a valid Quickdraw context. It may be a good idea
to add a modern replacement that takes a Core Graphics context,
in much the same way the 'draw' object handler was replaced by
a modern, CG-based counterpart.

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely