[WASTE-list] Checking text files for styles

Terry maillst at aol.com
Fri Jun 30 13:09:26 EDT 2006

I'm using WELoad to read a text file into a waste text box. I would
also like to know if the file had any style information in it. I'm
thinking I could set the style in the waste box, then see if the style
changed after WELoad. That's pretty hackish, isn't it? Alternatively, I
could check if it's RTF by the extension and file type, and also check
for any old style resources. I'm not sure that covers it. What else
should I check for?

Is there an easier way to know if a text file contains style info? I
will appreciate any suggestions.

Terry