[WASTE-list] 64-bit WASTE

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Fri Nov 3 12:07:14 EST 2006

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 15:12:52 -0500,
Chinh Nguyen (cnguyen at stata.com) wrote:

>I finally got around to reading the Leopard docs and it looks like I

>can't avoid switching to WASTE 3 any longer if I want to do a 64-bit

>version of our app (I've looked at MLTE in the past and it just doesn't

>cut it).

>Will there be a 64-bit version of WASTE in the future?

Yes, we plan to eventually provide 64-bit builds of WASTE.

>Leopard's 64-bit toolbox API does not support non-compositing windows.

Right. I'm aware of this.

>I assume WASTE 3 will work with compositing windows if it's implemented

>as an HIView but has anyone done this yet?

We're working on an HIView wrapper for WASTE 3.0 which will
be built into a future release.

>Quickdraw has been completely deprecated in Leopard's 64-bit toolbox

>API and I know WASTE 3 uses Quartz 2D but is Quickdraw completely gone

>in WASTE 3?

For all drawing purposes, yes, Quickdraw is completely gone.
For other purposes, such as region manipulation (still needed
to support legacy APIs such as WEGetHiliteRgn()), Quickdraw
is still used by WASTE 3.0, but that's not a problem, since
region manipulation functions are still available in 64-bit
Carbon.

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely