[WASTE-list] Question about WEPaste

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Thu Nov 9 11:54:55 EST 2006

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:02:18 -0600,
Chinh Nguyen (cnguyen at stata.com) wrote:

>I'm in the process of moving my code over to WASTE 3.0. I'm a little

>confused about copy/paste with WASTE 3.0.

>I was having weird behavior with copy/paste in my newly WASTE 3.0-

>enhanced editor then verified the weird behavior also exists in the

>WASTE Demo app.

>If I copy some text (plain English such as the text from this email)

>from an external app, such as XCode, and paste it into my WASTE 3.0

>editor, the text appears just fine. If I then copy the newly pasted

>text from my editor and paste it back into my editor, I get a bunch

>of squares. If I select/copy the squares and paste it back into my

>editor, I get the readable text. If I select/copy the readable text

>from my editor into TextEdit, I get chinese characters. If I select

>the bunch of squares from my editor and paste it into TextEdit, I get

>the readable text.

>When I switched to a build of my app using WASTE 2.1 and performed

>the same experiments, all was well. Any suggestions?

This turned out to be an endianness bug that affects copy
and paste of plain text (but not rich text) on Intel
Macintoshes. Mr. Nguyen confirmed that the problem is
fixed in our current internal build.

We will soon release a public 3.0.1 update that fixes this
bug, and addresses a few other issues reported in version 3.0.

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely