[WASTE-list] 64-bit WASTE

Chinh Nguyen cnguyen at stata.com
Sat Oct 28 16:12:52 EDT 2006

I finally got around to reading the Leopard docs and it looks like I
can't avoid switching to WASTE 3 any longer if I want to do a 64-bit
version of our app (I've looked at MLTE in the past and it just doesn't
cut it).

Will there be a 64-bit version of WASTE in the future?

Leopard's 64-bit toolbox API does not support non-compositing windows.
I assume WASTE 3 will work with compositing windows if it's implemented
as an HIView but has anyone done this yet?

Quickdraw has been completely deprecated in Leopard's 64-bit toolbox
API and I know WASTE 3 uses Quartz 2D but is Quickdraw completely gone
in WASTE 3? I guess the answer to the first question will eventually
answer this question.

-Chinh Nguyen
cnguyen at stata.com