[WASTE-list] Exception in WE3_ATSULayout::MoveCursor

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Tue Apr 3 08:19:23 EDT 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:54:28 -0500,
Chinh Nguyen (cnguyen at stata.com) wrote:

>FYI, pressing the right cursor key when there is no text results in:

>Exception thrown in function UniCharArrayOffset

>WE3_ATSULayout::MoveCursor(UniCharArrayOffset,

>ATSUCursorMovementType, WE3_CursorMovementVerb) (WE3_ATSULayout.cp,

>line 776); error code = -8801

This was harmless, but I fixed it anyway. The fix will appear
in version 3.0.2.

>being outputted. It doesn't show in the console log... only XCode's

>Run Log. I noticed it in my code first then confirmed it happens in

>the WASTE demo too.

Exception messages are printed with a vanilla printf to stdout,
wherever that happens to be redirected to.

Since these messages are meant for debugging, and aren't much useful
to end users, they will be silenced in the next release, unless the
environment variable "WASTE_DEBUG" is defined.

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely