[WASTE-list] Turning off InvokeWEUndoUPP

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Mon Aug 27 07:01:29 EDT 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:31:14 +0700,
Brother Josef (thykeeper at nerdshack.com) wrote:

>I'm writing some text processing code which styles syntax using

>WESetOneAttribute. As I was optimizing for speed in Shark I noticed

>that a massive amount of the time spent is from InvokeWEUndoUPP being

>called from within WESetOneAttribute. I tried to turn of the undo

>flag but this function is still invoked and as far as i can tell

>(still new to shark) is single handedly killing the processing

>speeds, what ever it's doing is pretty major. Can I turn this off

>some how? thanks for your ideas.

InvokeWEUndoUPP() isn't called anywhere within WASTE -- it's
only defined for (old) clients to call.

My guess is that Shark is confused by the lack of symbols for
internal functions within the WASTE framework, and reports some
time-consuming function as InvokeWEUndoUPP (+ some offset),
while in fact it has nothing to do with undo. That's why
tinkering with the undo flags has no effect.

In order to properly shark WASTE, you need a debug build, compiled
with full symbols.

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely