[WASTE-list] Retaining and inserting text

Brother Josef thykeeper at nerdshack.com
Sat Mar 24 05:08:09 EDT 2007

I'm performing a simple operation which is supposed to make a
temporary copy of text (raw text, objects, styles and attributes
applied with WESetAttributes. basically a standard clipboard copy
operation) and store it's contents into a embedded object so it may
be "unarchived" later and inserted into the document.

I first call WEStreamRange to obtain the kTypeStyleScrap (with
weStreamIncludeObjects) and kTypeText data. This I "think" is
supposed to return ALL the data I need. I will then call WEPut using
the kTypeStyleScrap data and raw text.

It is successful in inserting the raw text but the custom attributes,
styles and objects are not inserted/applied. What is the proper
method for doing this? thanks for your help.

Regards,
Josef