[WASTE-list] WEChangeCase broken?

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Thu May 3 12:39:01 EDT 2007

On Thu, 3 May 2007 11:08:30 -0500,
Chinh Nguyen (cnguyen at stata.com) wrote:

>I just noticed WEChangeCase() in WASTE 3.0.1 is broken or is it just me?

You're right. That API is currently non-functional in WASTE 3.0.1.

I can think of a couple of partial workarounds for the lack of
WEChangeCase(), but one only works on monostyled text runs, and
the other doesn't work for characters like the German esszett (ß),
which changes to two characters (SS) when uppercased.

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely