[WASTE-list] removing custom attributes

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Mon Nov 5 05:59:48 EST 2007

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:44:16 +0700,
Ryan Joseph (ryan at web-scripter.com) wrote:

>I can't seem to find a function for removing custom attributes, does

>it exist? Now it appears the only option is reloading the document.

There are a couple of undocumented selectors for WESetAttributes()
and WESetOneAttribute() that allow you to remove all character-
or paragraph-level custom attributes defined in a given range:

const WESelector weTagRemoveAllCharacterCustomAttributes = ' -c ';
const WESelector weTagRemoveAllParagraphCustomAttributes = ' -p ';

There is currently no way to selectively remove a particular
custom attribute without affecting the others, nor to revert
the effect of a WERegisterCustomAttribute() call.

Please let me know if you would like this functionality to be
added to a future version of WASTE.

Best regards,

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely