[WASTE-list] MacOSX 10.3.x and HIWASTEView

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Sat Sep 8 05:00:29 EDT 2007

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 09:21:14 +0200,
Santino (mc5422 at mclink.it) wrote:

>Hello,

>HIWASTEView doesn't link with MacOSX 10.3.9.

That's because HIWASTEView uses a few Tiger-only APIs, notably
HIView tracking areas, which weren't available in 10.3.9.

>Is there any plan to support that OS?

Sorry, we have no plans to deliver a Panther-compatible HIView
implementation in the pre-built framework that comes with the WASTE
distribution. However, the source code *can* be compiled against
the Panther headers -- there are

#if (MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED >= MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_4)

guards all over the place just for this purpose. Some functionality
will be disabled, but the HIView should still be usable.

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely