[WASTE-list] Next update?

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Fri Apr 18 05:15:14 EDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:18:15 -0500,
Chinh Nguyen (cnguyen at stata.com) wrote:

>Marco, how's it going on the next update? Although I've been able to

>code around the copy/paste bug, our users are still seeing the lock up

>when you drag and drop with WASTE.

I have more than enough bug fixes and miscellaneous improvements
in my current build to warrant a new update some time next week.

However, I still haven't been able to reproduce the lock-up
you've been experiencing after pasting or dropping styled text.
Or better, I _was_ able to reproduce an identical, or very similar,
lock-up, _before_ introducing a configurable cap on the number
of implicit tabs. That change solved the lock-up problem for
me, but apparently not for your users.

So I guess I need a test case: a sample RTF document to paste
and/or the exact steps required to reproduce the lock-up.
If you can help me with this, I'll try to solve this issue
over the weekend.

Thank you,

-- marco