[WASTE-list] Next update?

Ryan Joseph ryan at web-scripter.com
Thu Oct 9 21:37:22 EDT 2008

Any new information on the update? It's been about 2 months now.

I just bought a new 2Ghz Intel Mac and WASTE still totally chokes on
files around 1000+ lines. It's just as slow as the older PPC machine!
Not to mention a program using WASTE that was still a PPC binary
running in emulation mode was too slow to use on files larger than a
few hundred lines, which means PPC binary WASTE apps are useless on
Intel machines.

Anyone else seeing this problem and thinking it's crazy? Maybe if
enough people kindly let the developer know he will find some time to
fix it.

On Jul 30, 2008, at 2:43 PM, Marco Piovanelli wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:51:24 -0500,

> Chinh Nguyen (cnguyen at stata.com) wrote:

>> What's the status on the next update?

> I have a bunch of changes ready to go into the next update.

> I'm just waiting to have some spare time to review the changes

> and assemble the new distribution disk image.

> Probably during the first or second week of August.

> -- marco

> --

> It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.

> They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely

> monetized. I look at the collective human mind as a kind of

> ecosystem. They want to clear cut it. They want to go into the

> rainforest of human thought and mow the thing down.

Regards,
Josef