[WASTE-list] Next update?

Ryan Joseph thealchemistguild at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 01:03:04 EDT 2009

I think it would be wise for you to pull WASTE asap because it's
virtually inevitable you will run into a problem which won't be fixed
and ultimately jeopardize your project. Using NSTextView in an
HICocoaView is the Carbon solution unless the more limited MLTE will
work. My overhaul was a totally nightmare (still going) but the end
result is a much more powerful and flexible API.

I'm sorry to advocate anti-WASTE and the mail list but I don't want to
see people get stuck in the same mess I did. The writings on the wall,
Apple is not supporting Carbon and NSTextView is simply better than
WASTE, if you can stomach all the Objective-C. Sadly there's no place
for WASTE anymore and I think that's prompted the halt in development,
which makes perfect sense.

I personally begged Marco multiple times for definitive answers about
this so I could make my decision to move on but I think everyone would
appreciate the same. Thank you.

On Jul 30, 2009, at 11:26 PM, Dan Korn wrote:

> Today is the one-year anniversary of Marco's last post to this

> list. So

> is WASTE officially dead or what?

> Dan

Regards,