[N&W] Re: 2-8-0 Consolidation Type Locomotive Class G1

Mon May 31 14:59:04 EDT 2004

Hey, Jimbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbo!

When were those Gs converted to 0-8-0, and when were they converted back?
They didn't go to the V-C as 0-8-0s, did they?  What use would the V-C have
had for an 0-8-0?

My records (combination of Bixby, Prince, et. al.) show the only G converted
to 0-8-0 was the 256 which was converted to a class G-2 tank engine.

  - The Ol' Curmudgeon
Did any of these ever run on the Winston-Salem Southbound?  Or am I thinking
of the M classes?  I know there were some Ms and maybe a Z or two.  Or
perhaps I am thinking of the A&Y -- were any sold to them?  I know for sure
the A&Y had a Consolidation or two....

Richard Barnes