[N&W] RE: Industries by Division

Mon May 31 15:18:40 EDT 2004

At 09:41 PM 11/12/02 -0500, you wrote:
 >Hi All,
 >
 >I agree that a list of all customers that the N&W served would be a
 >great help for us modelers.

  What you're looking for is a shipper's directory, and various roads
produced them over the years. The thing to do is find out if N&W ever
had them, then find one and get it reprinted or put on a CD.

David Thompson
Re current NS customers.

RAILINC section of the AAR maintains various rail related information files
(IRF). They have industries located on the NS and other roads in their Serving
Carrier / Reciprocal Switch file (SCRS).

I tried to get into the SCRS file from the Railinc web page but was not
successful. My password for the file expired long ago. If any member can find
out how to access the data file let me know. A lot of information in this one.
Most of the IRF files should be accessible by rail shippers.

Jim Blackstock