Signals

Sat Aug 14 16:25:15 EDT 2004

I can say that the CPL's are still alive and "well" on the Winston Salem line in and around Winston itself. They are looking pretty rough these days though. About 5 miles outside of Winston there is at least one set of the modern signals, which is rougly M.P. R120 at Walkertown. I have not had the chance to scout much past that, except for where the line parallels US 220 about 10mi south of Roanoke where there are still CPL's in service.

Marty Reiter
Reidsville, NC
  Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 10:53 PM
  Subject: Signals

  Speaking of signals,

  I have been photographing and documenting the signals on the Cincinnati District " The Peavine" since October 2002, with the priceless help of Ben Blevins and Gary Rolih.  I have read that the signals on the Columbus District are being changed, and I know the Bristol line lost most of theirs years ago.  My question is, is the Peavine the last District to still have all original CPLs except for those taken down years ago, and the eastbound east Sardinia signal?

  Jeff Wood
  twlv18japie at earthlink.net
  Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.