2050

Fri Nov 26 23:05:28 EST 2004

I seem to remember the 2050 being used by Armco Steel (stationary boiler?) before going to the Illinios Railway Museum. The last time I saw it, about 4 years ago, it appeared to be in the same shape it was when they received it, except that they have put new paint and
lettering on the tender. They were keeping it in one of their barns, which protects it from the weather, so it isn't getting any worse off. Would that other museums had barns like that. They have a bunch of other stuff which IS out in the weather, including an ex-N&W
MS-1, and a couple of ex-Wabash coaches. These were in fair shape, despite the rain and UV rays, but some of the wood cabooses in their collection are getting pretty bad off.     Jim Nichols