'A's to Columbus

Fri Dec 31 12:57:02 EST 2004

Ed:
    Right you are, I was just pointing out some of the obscure
characteristics.  Based on Mr. Weidner's original question, I would think it
prudent to stay away from 1205, 1213 or 1226 as well as  the roller bearing
A's.  1226 was the only A so equipped.
    For any who may be interest, 1226 is featured in a large segment in
Pocahontas Glory 4, albeit mislabeled as an eastbound coal train.  Actually
what is filmed is a westbound hopper train with the scenes moving in an
easterly direction.  That must have been a lot of trouble to arrange the
tape that way.  I wonder why it was done.   Don Corbin
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: 'A's to Columbus

> Don - the 1226 was mainly an east end engine in the fifties, and AFAIK was
> the only A with the air aftercooler piping so arranged (Y6 2150, as I
> recall, had the same arrangement).
>
> You could do the 1213 and the 1205 before the 1205's accident when they
> still had both engines with the same crossheads . . .   Assuming that
you'd
> do the crosshead changes to model a 1200-1209 A.  Oh, and 1201 and 1203
were
> also photographed on the west end.
>
> EdKing

Corbin