VAM Legislative Update - Budget Committee Reports

Mon Feb 7 18:27:05 EST 2005

From: "Margo Carlock" <mcarlock at vamuseums.org>
To: f_scheer at yahoo.com
Subject: VAM Legislative Update - Budget Committee
Reports
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:23:02 -0500

No. 2005-06

VAM LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
Virginia Association of Museums
February 7, 2005

Budget Committees Report Out

The following are budget modifications to the original
biennium budget (2004-2006) recommended by the House
and Senate money committees (these are total for the 2
years of the biennium):

                           House             Senate

Beaverdam Heritage Days Fdn.
                             $50,000

Fairfax Station Railroad Museum
                             $15,000

Friends of the Fairfax Station
                             $35,000

Lee Hall Depot
                             $25,000        $100,000

Railroad Museum of Virginia
                            $700,000

Railroad Station, Chatham – to the Pittsylvania Hist.
Soc. For                    $25,000

Virginia Museum of Transportation
                            $50,000         $400,000

February 7, 2005

Hello, all:

I thought some might be interested in these
rail-related, two-year state budget allocations.  Of
course, these are not final funding amounts.

I'm unfamiliar with the Railroad Museum of Virginia.
Does anyone know where that is?  Is it what is planned
for the lower level of Richmond's Broad Street
station?

Best wishes, all!

=====
Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator