N & W HW Dinners

Tue Aug 9 00:25:56 EDT 2005

As built, all the DE diners were alike (1010-1024), so a picture of one
is representative of every one. When they were air-conditioned, 1023 and
1024 were different from the others, having the "bubble" on the roof
like Pullmans which had been AC'd. In the 1950's, several of the DE's
were modernized, getting a new door at the right end on the aisle side
and losing the door at the left end. Later, these same cars received
metal sash windows. Jim Nichols