N & W HW Dinners

Tue Aug 9 07:20:32 EDT 2005

Dave

The cars differed only by manufacturer ACF built the first cars,
numbered 1010-1014 in late 1914/early 1915. The Pullman Company built
an additional six, 1015-1021 in 1923, then followed with three more
cars, 1022-1024 in 1927. As far as I have been able to determine, the
cars are virtually idnetical, inside and out. The railroad considered
them all as one class of car, the De, in later years. There will be
pictures and a detailed roster in my upcoming book on N&W Dining
Service. The book has been delayed by my other work, but still expected
late this fall/early winter.

Ken Miller