More on N&W photo CDs

Mon Nov 14 20:59:13 EST 2005

MessageJim,
I like the approach you have stated. It would be a way for folks to model the whole train based on the time frame. But are you going to use the date the photo was taken or when the eng/car was built to decide which era cd it will go on??
Fred Mullins
modeling the Atlantic & Danville
remember "For Service See......the A&D!"
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 11:14 PM
Subject: More on N&W photo CDs

Based on the feedback to my upcoming CD offering post, I am rethinking the content that will be on each CD. I had planned to offer a mixture of 1950s thru 1980s until a CD was full, then do another, and so. Some of you stated that your interests were definitely pre-1970, others said late 60s to late 70s. Obviously, splitting up the CDs into too narrow a scope would not be a good marketing idea.

I'm now thinking that I should group the CDs by similar eras. These would include all subject matter (stations, steam, diesel, MW, scenes, etc.) from the mid-1950s thru 1969 and 1970 thru 1982/85. This would give an average coverage of 14-15 years per CD. As I fill up a CD for each era, another will be offered with the overflow until I have no more left for that era. Numbering would be CD-NW-1a, 1b, 1c, for the early years and -2a, -2b, etc. for the latter years.

Do y'all like this arrangement better? If not, please offer suggestions.

Jim King
Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.
http://www.smokymountainmodelworks.com