Cab Signals on N&W FM Trainmasters at Lamberts Point?

Mon Feb 6 17:16:11 EST 2006

Let's see the picture anyway.

> --NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_13001_1139193874_0

> About two years ago, I posted to the List a question concerning N&W

Fairbanks Trainmaster-class engines being equipped with cab signals. I saw
one engine thusly equipped, and she was in the dead line at Shaffers
Crossing in the mid-1970s. The cab signal was made by US&S and had three
aspects: green, yellow and red. It was mounted on the engineman's side,
just to the left of the front window.

> A gentlemen who uses the alias of "Aitsch" said he recalled that some

engines were equipped with cab signals for use at the Lamberts Point Coal
Hump.

> Knowing there are now new genes in the List's gene pool, I'll ask the

question again... Anyone have information about these engines? How did the
cab signals work? What engines were equipped.

> I can provide a picture, if anyone needs a memory-jogger.

> -- abram burnett

> --NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_13001_1139193874_0

> <DIV>About two years ago, I posted to the List a question concerning

N&amp;W Fairbanks Trainmaster-class engines being equipped with cab
signals.&nbsp; I saw one engine thusly equipped, and she was in the dead
line at Shaffers Crossing in the mid-1970s.&nbsp; The cab signal was made by
US&amp;S and had three aspects: green, yellow and red.&nbsp; It was mounted
on the engineman's side, just to the left of the front window.</DIV>

> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>

> <DIV>A gentlemen who uses the alias of "Aitsch" said he recalled that some

engines were equipped with cab signals for use at the Lamberts Point Coal
Hump.</DIV>

> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>

> <DIV>Knowing there are now new genes in the List's gene pool, I'll ask the

question again...&nbsp; Anyone have information about these engines?&nbsp;
How did the cab signals work?&nbsp; What engines were equipped.</DIV>

--
Tom Anson