FW: Re: FW: Cab Signals on N&W FM Trainmasters at Lamberts Point?

Mon Feb 6 17:47:46 EST 2006

FYI

Skip Salmon
--
Skip and Judi Salmon
3721 Buckingham Drive
Roanoke, VA 24018-2448

From: Y6B at aol.com
To: gkholine at att.net
Subject: Re: FW: Cab Signals on N&W FM Trainmasters at Lamberts Point?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 22:42:57 +0000

Well, yea, Skip. I can't tell you about how it worked, but not many
people know that there was a coal hump at Lamberts Point. It
wasn't used but one shift a day (as I recall) and it was used to
try to group the odd ball classes of coal that went astray. The FM;s
were equipped, but as far as I know, the signal merely repeated
what the brakeman down in the hump yard was telling the engineer -
stop, back up, whatever. It offered NO block signal protection. It
was also they first time I EVER realized that the FM''s came equipped
with toilets.
Harry Bundy