Flat or Gloss on Gauge Hands?

Sat Feb 11 17:01:22 EST 2006

Thanks to Gary Rolih for the best explanation yet as to why the dial and needles should have flat paint (viz. that "Reflected image off of the back of the glass can cause a ‘ghost’ image and misreading of the gauge.")

Too bad this List wasn't around thirty years ago, when, like a fool, I had the case and the bezel chrome plated !

You Listers are indeed a good-hearted group, as is evidenced by your willingness to share information and coach newbies and "younger folks" like me !

-- abram burnett :)