Hagerstown

Wed Oct 11 11:29:27 EDT 2006

I agree and would add to Rick's comment that according to an interview with an early veteran in the N&W Magazine, the telegraph office was originally named Vardo. The name Shomo appeared and
was the name of a popular worker from the construction company that built this yard. I know
this may be disputed by some who have formulated other reasoning for 'Shomo' but if you look
at the N&W Employee Magazine Collection this fact will be born out. Mason Cooper