NS records no longer at VA Tech

Mon Feb 12 22:39:26 EST 2007

I was just looking for some N&W Corporate record info at the VA Tech
archive site (http://spec.lib.vt.edu/railroad/rrintro.htm) and found this
notice:

"The records of the Norfolk & Western and Southern railways, their
subsidiaries and predecessors have been returned to Norfolk Southern Corp.
(NS), which is consolidating its historical materials into a corporate
archive in Atlanta. Under the terms of agreements established in the early
1980s between NS and Virginia Tech, the historical records of the Norfolk
& Western Railway Company and the Southern Railway Company were deposited
in the University Libraries' Special Collections while NS retained
ownership of the materials. We are updating our web pages to reflect our
resources currently available for railroad history and directing inquiries
to the contact person Archives1 at nscorp.com with questions about materials
now in the NS corporate archive."

The pages are shown as being last updated Wednesday, 07-Feb-2007.

Have I missed something somewhere? Anyone have any insight?

David Adams