Domed Cars

Tue Apr 17 00:48:43 EDT 2007

Yes they ran a domed car on the Powhatan Arrow and later on the Pocahontas. The public timetables for April 1967, October 1967 and April 1968 shows a Dome Chair Car, Coaches and a Dining Lounge Car for the Powhatan Arrow. The June 1969, December 1969 and August 1970 public timetables show a dome car on the Pocahontas (the Powhatan Arrow being discontinued at that point) which was operated until the arrival of Amtrak in 1971.

Rodney