N&W Col. - Sandusky Coal Line

Sun Aug 19 21:23:45 EDT 2007

Don,

We purchased many a smoke ring-sausage at Wilson's and I also recall buying packets of "parched corn." Good stuff!

I heard about that derailment and the land-owner farmer was not pleased with the destruction on his property.

In another matter, of course, railfanning goes along with good eating locations. Is the Dog 'n Suds drive in still in Bucyrus?

Randy Bly,
Clearwater, FL

Wilson's Country Sausage is still there on US 23 between Delaware and Waldo. The Troyton Color Position Signals were destroyed by a derailment this summer. Took out the whole interlocking and sent a well car into the barn/building right next to the tracks.

Don R
Gahanna, Ohio

Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: N&W Col. - Sandusky Coal Line

Yes, I do! It is (was?) along US23 just north of Troyton. I liked the Burma-Shave style signs they had. You can view the N&W tracks across the field out front. Back when the intermediate signals were position lights, you could still tell the indication even though it was located quite a distance away. Of course now the PLs at Troyton are gone too.

Jim Mihalek
Lakeville, MN

http://list.nwhs.org/pipermail/nw-mailing-list/________________________________________